Beginning Monday May 18th, classes will resume at CTA-Irving starting bright and early at 6am! Our schedule will remain the same, though all classes taught will be from our Fundamental Curriculum and in the Gi. In addition to our normal sanitation practices, we’ll be expanding our efforts to disinfect the gym’s most heavily trafficked areas between each class for the safety of our staff and students. Below are the guidelines for classes upon reopening:
- Designated training areas have been outlined on the mat for each student or pair of students
- Sanitized grappling dummies will be assigned to those wishing to maintain a non-contact form of training
- Parents and Spouses are encouraged to come train with you! This can be a great introduction to Jiu-Jitsu for them AND provide a safe training partner for you…Win/Win!
- Students wishing to practice with a teammate will be asked to remain with that same person throughout the entire class
- ALL Classes will be taught in the Gi/Kimono. A clean Gi with a rash guard or t-shirt underneath will be required
- Sanitizing Stations will be set up to ensure all students have clean hands and feet prior to stepping onto the mat
- Though both the Locker Rooms and Bathroom will be open, please try to minimize traffic in both by showing up dressed and ready to train
- No spectators will be allowed in the Academy, as entry will be limited to students and staff ONLY
- Adult students are asked to adhere to their dedicated class schedule to prevent overcrowding. This will allow everyone to return to the gym in a both safe and socially distant format
We will continue to modify and evolve how we do things on a week to week basis. Hopefully this is the first step of many that we will quickly climb on our return to Jiu-Jitsu as we all know and love it! If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact Professor Collin – we look forward to seeing you all again soon!!!